Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Perfect Cheese Pizza




My daughter and her friend helped me make homemade cheese pizza today. It was fun and delicious. I definitely recommend you try this at home with your kids and friends. It was a cheap and great pizza party.
Perfect Cheese Pizza

1 16 oz ball of fresh pizza dough wheat or white. I used wheat from Trader Joe's.
1 c. marinara sauce. My fave is Ragu Sun dried Tomato & Sweet Basil
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese or your favorite cheese blend

Preheat oven to 375.
Take dough out of refrigerator and let stand for 20 minutes.
Flour your work surface. Lightly oil your pizza stone or pan with olive oil. I also oil a rolling pin. Roll out dough to about 12 inches and place on stone. Spread sauce on dough. Add more than one cup if desired. Sprinkle with cheese and place in oven for 14-15 minutes or until bubbly. Let cool, cut and be ready for smiles.

Note: Next time I will make my own and add olives, fresh basil, mushrooms, crushed red pepper, and anything else to jazz it up. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment