Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On the Run


Running is one of the best solutions to a clear mind and has never failed to give me great results and that's why I keep coming back for more. Sasha Azevedo

I woke up today feeling energized and ready for some fun. The kids are on spring break so we have no worries about crazy morning routines this week.

As they were all lallygagging around and watching cartoons, I decided to lace up my Asics and go for a run. The air was cool but the sky was clear blue with the sun starting to shine. As the warmer weather has approached, I have been thinking about running on a regular basis.

In a recent article in More Magazine it said running can be very enjoyable mentally, both relaxing and invigorating, and has well-known physical benefits: weight control, reduction of risk of major diseases, promotes better sleep, etc.

The article also explained that it's never too late to start. Running is simple, requires no equipment other than quality running shoes, and can be done almost anywhere, alone or with others. It's the most efficient workout going, and has numerous health benefits for all ages.

Other reasons I want to start running include:
1. I turn 40 in eight days.
2. I still want to be able to eat cake, pizza, and enjoy
a glass or three of wine every once in a while.
3. I need the energy to keep up with my kids.
4. It does not cost anything and would be great around my hilly farm.
5. It will give me some productive alone time.
6. It will be a good compliment to my yoga practice.
7. My clothes might fit better.
8. Maybe I have a chance of loosing those last "baby weight" pounds
(my baby is almost 3).
9. Maybe I will find a running buddy or group.
10.Did I mention brownies, cheesy potatoes, and a dark IPA?

As I approach 40 I want to keep feeling good. That's probably the best reason of all.
Shine your light,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment