Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Italian Sausage Burgers

My husband brought home some Italian sausages, sweet onions, and garden fresh peppers and asked me to create something yummy. I always love that challenge! Only having burger buns, I created Italian sausage burgers. They were so easy and delicious!
First, I chopped all the veggies and tossed them with olive oil, salt, & pepper. I placed them in my vegetable grill basket and BK put them on the grill for 15 minutes turning occasionally while the sausages boiled.
We took the veggies off the grill and added the sausages on for 10 minutes. While they were grilling, I warmed some burger buns in the oven to lightly crisp, opened and warmed a jar of marinara sauce, and a package of sliced provolone cheese. I sliced the sausages, placed them on the crisp buns, added a slice of cheese, sauce, & peppers. Yummy Italian sausage burgers! These would be good without meat too.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. the best things are made with just a few ingredients i think! your veggies look so good and topping it off with the parmesan and basil is such a good and fresh idea!

    ReplyDelete