Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Simple Gifts of Love & Gratitude

Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.

Kahlil Gibran

This morning as  I piled the kids in the car we saw the most amazing sunrise. I ran back in the house to grab my camera and snapped a few photos of nature's brilliance.

I returned home and pulled the Jeep up to the house as my husband was leaving for work and told him to take it since it was nice and warmed up with a full tank of gas. Three minutes later he called me and told me to go outside and look at the sunrise. I smiled and told him I had already seen it and taken photos.

This was a gift to me this morning. It made me happy to think that we both took time to give simple gifts of love to each other - a warm car, the beauty of a winter sunrise, a phone call. For this I am most grateful.

In the hustle and bustle of this holiday season, let's make sure to remember what's most important, making others feel loved and appreciated.
I challenge you to do something everyday until Christmas to make someone's day better. Let me know what you did and what happened.
Shine your light,
kathy

1 comment: