Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mushroom Hunting Success

I am... a mushroom; On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then.
~John Ford
Here at the ranch mushroom hunting is a family sport. Today we went out for our first hunt and it was a big success.
My son Indy found the first four so we crowned him Mushroom King. I did not think we would find any today and did not bring bags.
 We found this old pot in the woods and used it. Maybe its our lucky pot.
I found a fair amount so they called me Mushroom Queen.
Finding these mushrooms is such an adrenaline rush. I just washed them and hope to saute them in butter after Indy's baseball game.
When my sister and her family come mushroom hunting she likes to do a mushroom dance with the kids. Hopefully that will be soon.
Happy Easter Friends,
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. your post reminds me of hunting for mushrooms with my father when I was a little girl. We would walk through pastures and along forests. I can't tell you how many times we were chased by a bull in the daily farmer's pasture. Thank you for bring back a sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete