Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Love is exactly as strong as life ~Joseph Campbell

Love is exactly as strong as life .~Joseph Campbell

This was today's quote in one of my favorite little books called Grace Notes by Alexandra Stoddard. I love her sweet inspirational books. This was a day that I felt love.

Wildflower Hill
 Wildflower Hill is beginning to bloom.

nest of three baby sparrows
Baby sparrows have hatched in a bush next to the front porch. The mama sparrow is working hard to care for them. 
The kids helped me plant small container gardens of lettuce, red peppers, carrots, and flowers.

Little Scout found a toad friend.

And I am embracing the moment while drinking a glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and waiting for my husband to finish on his tractor and join me.

Are you embracing the moment?
~kathy
Note from the next morning:
The night did not turn out as blissful as when I wrote. My dog Betty found the nest and killed the baby birds, the toad died from too much love and attention, my wine glass broke and I stepped on a chard of glass, and my husband did not come in until much later. I'm still glad I embraced the serene moments while they lasted.....c'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment