|Transform by Flora Bowley http://braveintuitiveyou.com/e-course/|
Each week Flora focuses on a topics such as listening to your intuition and being playful. She also kindly instructs on the importance of color variation and contrast.
We are to be working on two large canvases at a time. Paint and let the other one dry. Be free with the brush in our hand, listen to soulful music, move our bodies, free our minds. If we do not like it, we can cover it up with the next layer. Discover what emerges. Find one thing about the painting use it.
|Layering cool colors over warm.|
I have not finished a painting yet. I have painted many layers. On each canvas, I have found one thing I like. On the first, a bird shaped figure with a magenta color. On the second, a little circle that I decided looked like an eyeball. Now I am painting it into a tropical bird. Maybe.
|Cool colors over warm.|
|Little bird at top left.|
|Can you make out the eyeball shape?|
|See the eye now?|
Unexpected and remarkable results have happened since this class began.
2. I am being kinder and gentler to myself. More forgiving.
1. I am happily committed to completing this course and going back to review it. I have not always completed previous courses this thoroughly. This one has struck a cord.
3. Thoughts and feelings are emerging that have been buried in the midst of raising kids for 12 years. Questions like, Who am I besides a devoted mother and wife? What do I like to do? Who do I want to become? How can I carve out space between laundry, dishes, groceries, meals and soccer?
4. I have realized I love to paint. I love the color magenta. It's fun to buy art supplies.
|My Sage Heart Studio|
6. After digging through clutter, I found a painting that I did when I was 16. A vase of purple flowers. My art teacher entered it in an art show. It was not so important then. Now it's a link to what I love.
Bloom True class to have such transformative powers. Letting go, listening to my deeper inner voice, being brave to release old thoughts and feelings. I am now more open, fresher, freer, lighter, deeper. Emerging.
Thank you Flora.
Joy and peace,
|Favorite STIX Mirror.|