Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sandwich Art - Toasted Chicken & Tomato with Creamy Basil Spread

I think a good sandwich is a work of art.
Before becoming a stay at home mom I owned a gourmet sandwich
cafe with my sister and dad. We created all of our recipes from scratch using only fresh and natural ingredients. I am still creating new recipes in my own kitchen at the ranch.
Here is what I just made for lunch using leftover grilled chicken and fresh tomatoes and basil.
Toasted Chicken & Tomato Sandwich with Creamy Basil Spread

Toast good bread
Spread both pieces with creamy basil spread (recipe below)
Add pulled chicken (can be turkey and or bacon)
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Add slices of tomato
Top with basil leaves
Cut and enjoy!
Serve the sandwich with tortilla chips and the extra basil spread as dip.
Creamy Basil Spread
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. sour cream (or mayo)
Bunch of fresh basil leaves up to 1 c. (1T. dried basil can work)
1 t. dried Italian herbs
1 t. salt
ground pepper. Blend until creamy (I used my Magic BulletMixer)

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks delicious Kathy! Do you have any recipes for "green" drinks or smoothies? Val

    http://valeriehart.com/

    ReplyDelete