Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Artistic Escape

Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness. It trains the mind through the eye, and the eye through the mind. As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.
John Lubbock, Sr.

Everyone has an inner artist. Some of express it often and some of keep it hidden away. A work of art can be anything from a home cooked meal, a decorated room, to an oil on canvas. That's the cool thing - we all have our own unique art to share.
 
It has been less than a month since I began taking a six week art discovery workshop called Soul Restoration. I was given a list of art supplies to buy, and each week we get our assignments with instructional videos to assist the beginner artists like me. I had never heard of Mod Podge and now I love it dearly. My instructor, Melody Ross calls it Soul Glue.
  There is also something fun about having my own art supplies. It reminds me of the joy my kids have as they get their new school supplies each summer. Now my heart goes pitter patter in the art and craft sections of stores. Martha Stewart's Florentine gold glitter, fresh paint brushes, and a Krylon 18 kt. gold leafing pen seem magical. I don't think my art is ready to be entered in a juried art fair but the journey sure is fun.
Go ahead, unleash your inner artist and see what you create.
Keep shining your light,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment