Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Celebrating Friendship Tribes

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. ~Anais Nin
My friends are my estate. ~Emily Dickinson
I truly treasure my friends. I am so fortunate to have a few friendship tribes that nourish my heart and soul. The fierce and amazing mom tribe that has blossomed around kids (and wine), my dear book club that has been meeting once a month for twelve years, far away friends that I don't see or talk to often but love when we reconnect, and then my new blooming online tribe of  like minded creatives who I have connected through blogging and e-courses.

Last night my book club gathered within our fifty mile radius at a bustling little place called The Friendly Tavern. We all indulged in house special breaded tenderloins, burgers, and patty melts and cut them in half and shared them. We washed them down with glasses of Blue Moon on draft with orange garnish.
It was another lively evening of laughter and sharing. Anita is learning to crochet and showed us a gorgeous magenta sweater she is creating. Tiffany recently moved her photography studio out of her home and into a studio nearby. She walked us over to her gorgeous Nathaniel Edmunds Photography studio and we celebrated with red velvet cupcakes. We are so proud of her success and know great things will happen as she takes her business to the next level.
The power of friendship never ceases to amaze me.  I am so grateful for the friends I have in my life. We share, listen, encourage, cry, and celebrate success. Friendship is so worth nurturing. Finding a tribe to share our passions can really light up our lives. Thank you friends.
Hugs and happiness, kathy
http://nathanieledmunds.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment