Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Can't wait for Thanksgiving Leftovers

As I am cleaning my house and clearing my kitchen table and shoe garden in preparation for Thanksgiving I can't help but get excited for the next day's leftover turkey and other dishes.

Before I was a stay at home mom, my sister, dad, and I owned a bustling gourmet sandwich shop in the city. One of the most popular sandwiches on the menu was the Turkey & Cranberry.

I always make it after Thanksgiving and it is so delicious!

Turkey & Cranberry Sandwich
Leftover Turkey pulled in strips
Cranberry sauce (Ocean Spray Whole Berry is good too)
Cream cheese
Crisp lettuce
Thick multi-grain bread or white rolls

Spread cream cheese on both sides of bread. Spoon cranberry sauce on top of cream cheese. Place turkey on cranberries. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Add crisp lettuce and top with bread. Slice in half for a beautiful and delicious sandwich.
Enjoy!
Turkey and wild rice soup recipe to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment