Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Pancakes Make People Happy

For Christmas a few years ago our friends Jan & Charlie gave us a set of white plates that say in bold red "Pancakes Make People Happy".

These plates have become family treasures and are only used when making pancakes on the weekends. I truly think they make the pancakes taste better and make the mornings more festive.

Last weekend I made three different kinds of pancakes using the Krusteaz Mix we buy at Sam's Club in a huge bag. I like sneaking a little nutrition into the mix like oats, cinnamon, fruit, etc.

Plain pancakes for Blaze: I added 1/2 cup oats and a little milk and cinnamon.

Chocolate chip for Phoebe, Indy, & Scout: Plain plus chocolate chips.

Mixed berry for my husband: Plain plus blueberries, raspberries, & blackberries (from frozen bag).
They like me to make extras and leave them piled on a plate so they can eat them like cookies for snacks throughout the day.

Shine your light,
Kathy Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment