Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Retreat Will Move You Forward

Retreat will move you forward.
quote from Wake-Up Calls by Joan Lunden

I am a collector of quotes. They can be so insightful and moving. This quote spoke to me. I am rarely alone. At any given moment I hear "Hey Mom!", "Mommy watch this!", "Mama I need help." Most times this is music to my ears. However, I feel everyone needs to retreat from their daily lives to rest and gain perspective. We can become exhausted and caught up in the small stuff of life. Make a little time to retreat. It can be a Sunday afternoon nap (my favorite), a quite morning walk, a drive in the country, a trip to the bookstore, or anything your heart desires. After retreating by yourself I promise you will return refreshed and grateful for the good things in life.
This makes me want to reread Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh.


Shine your light,
Kathy Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment