Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Countdown to Thanksgiving

Exactly two weeks until Thanksgiving Day. My family will gather here at the ranch for a festive day with lots of delicious food. I love Thanksgiving. The focus is on being grateful for what we have and reaching out to those in need.
Today I dug out my "favorite recipes" folder. I will be posting some of the dishes that I will serve. When you plan your menu and grocery list make a note to make an extra pie or dish of sweet potatoes and send it over to a neighbor or a friend who could use a little help this Thanksgiving. You will be glad you did.
Shine your light,
Kathy Anne
For Starters:
My Dad's tradition is to bring Lancer's Wine. It is a sparkling blush wine in a unique crockery bottle. I will look forward to a glass with this dip.


Crab Melt Dip

1 8 oz container of sour cream (reduced fat is fine)
2 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese, softened (reduced fat is fine)
1/4 c. Mayonnaise
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. dry mustard
1/2 t. garlic salt
1 lb. fresh crab meat, drained (canned is fine)
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
Garnish with parsley and serve with crackers or crostini

Combine first 7 ingredients and fold in crab meat.
Pour into an 11 x 7 baking dish or round pie plate
Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment