Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baking the Blues Away



If you're afraid of butter, use cream. Julia Child


To help lift my winter blues I have gone on a baking spree. Who better to turn to than Paula Deen's Lady & Sons Cookbook for some bright and buttery inspiration.

Since yesterday my hand mixer has been busy whipping up Deen's Aunt Glennis's Blonde Brownies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and as I write the smell of Gooey Butter Cakes are baking in the oven. I added some coconut and chocolate chips just because.

There is something definitely intoxicating about mixing butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar together. For me it can be an instant shot of joy. No candle can compare to the actual scent of fresh baked cakes in the oven. The whole house smells delicious.

Now, back to those butter cakes.
Shine your light,
K

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried the Gooey Butter Cakes yet. Let me know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete