Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lift Your Spirits Lime Bars


For Christmas my friend Tammy gave me certificate for a "dessert of the month" baked and delivered by her each month. So far she has made a moist and delicious coconut pound cake, and for Valentine's Day she delivered dark chocolate cupcakes with raspberry mousse filling.

Last night I was up all night with my son who has a stomach bug. This morning as I drove my other two to school, I had to go in to deliver the sickie's Leprechaun trap project to his second grade classroom. It is quite cute with a little rainbow bridge, gold coins cut out of ribbon, and a secret trap door for the Leprechaun to fall through. We'll see tomorrow if he catches any on St. Patty's Day.

I learned that my friend Tammy was subbing for the school nurse so popped my head in to say hello and she said my monthly treat was out in her car. I grabbed the plate of goodies, went home and made some green tea and enjoyed a lime bar (or two) before becoming nurse and cleaner again. They really lifted my spirits - thanks, friend.

Macadamia Nut Lime Squares
recipe from a Paula Deen magazine

2 1/2 c. crushed sugar cookies
1/2 c. finely chopped Macadamia nuts
6 T. butter
1 3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
3/4 t. baking powder
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 c. fresh lime juice
2 t. lime zest

Preheat to 350. Lightly grease 9x13 pan. In med. bowl, combine cookie crumbs, nuts, and melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of pan and bake 12 min., or until lightly browned.
In med. bowl combine sugar flour, 7 baking powder.
In small bowl, whisk together eggs, lime juice, & zest. Pour over hot baked crust and bake 20 minutes or until center is set.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment